If you need high scores at the TOEFL test you have to show bright results in all sections. To write a good essay you must prepare well. Obviously to deliver a brilliant essay you have to demonstrate rich vocabulary and grammar in your writing. Follow the next details concerning the essays writing.
1. The first advice is to read all directions carefully and make clear what you are expected to do.
2. If you do not understand the question, raise your hand and ask instructor.
3. Make sure you write down everything that is asked. Your grade will be higher if you use more details and facts.
4. Budget your time, you can not spend all time on one essay. Leave 5 minutes to check what you've written and make corrections.
5. If the question is asking for facts, don't give your personal opinion on the topic.
6. When writing your essay, try to be as neat as possible, neater papers usually receive higher marks.
7. Make an outline before writing your essay. This way your essay will be more organized and fluid. If you happen to run out of time, most instructors will give you partial credit for the ideas that you have outlined.
8. Don't write long introductions and conclusions, the bulk of your time should be spent on answering the question(s) asked.
9. Focus on one main idea per a paragraph.
10. If you have time left at the end proofread your work and correct any errors.
11. Budget your time, if you have an hour to write 3 essays, spend no more than 20 minutes on each essay, then if you have time left over at the end go back and finish any incomplete essays.
12. If you aren't sure about an exact date or number, then use approximations i.e. "Approximately 5000" or "In the late 17th century."
13. If you make a mistake, simply draw a line through it, it is much neater and quicker than erasing it.