1. Dubbing is an audio process __________ one sound over another sound.
B. that imprints it
C. which imprints
D. that it imprints
2. Thomas Jefferson, _______ of fathering several children by one of his slaves, was supposedly committed to the principle of equal rights for all.
A. in that he was accused
B. that was accused
C. he was accused
D. who was accused
3. The cheetah is a member of the feline family _______ are being drastically reduced by in-breeding and lion predation.
A. whose numbers
B. those numbers
C. that its numbers
D. its numbers that
4. Wrap-around sound, a process patented by Dolby, is an audio device _______ the moviegoer in the center of the action.
B. that puts them
C. that they put
D. that puts
5. Coca-Cola, begun in an Atlanta drugstore in 1888, remains a powerful beverage company _______ with numerous smaller food producers.
A. that has merged
B. that merged it
C. which merging
D. whose to merge
6. The next point __________ is at the sawmill.
A. at which it is important to put a check upon wood waste
B. by which that is important to put a check upon wood waste
C. that is important to put a check upon wood waste
D. important to put a check upon wood waste
7. Carl Maria von Weber was one of those peculiar types __________, round whom the darker shadows of the world may close for years almost unnoticed.
A. that always young in animal spirits
B. whom always young in spirits animal
C. who are always young in animal spirits
D. they are always young in animal spirits
8. Grieg went out into his own fertile by-way, leaving the broad valley for the narrower region __________.
A. to exploring for the first time
B. that explored for the first time
C. in it the first time of exploration
D. which he explored for the first time
9. When speaking of the social mammals, there are other conditions of life, however, __________ that the newly born young one should be put on the spot almost at once because the situation is full of danger.
A. in that it is necessary
B. in which it is necessary
C. if it is necessary
D. that they are necessary
10. In many ways, the most striking of the carniverous plants in the Venus Fly-trap, __________.
A. it grows in marshy places in Carolina
B. that growing in marshy places in Carolina
C. which it grows in marshy places in Carolina
D. which grows in marshy places in Carolina