123termpapers.com - paper writing for ESL students.
|Who Should Take the TOEFL Test?|
| - Nonnative English speakers at the 11th-grade level or above should take the TOEFL test to provide evidence of their English proficiency before beginning academic work. |
- The test content is considered too difficult for students below 11th grade.
- Many institutions report that they frequently do not require TOEFL test scores of certain kinds of international applicants. These include:
• nonnative speakers who hold degrees or diplomas from postsecondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g., the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand)
• nonnative speakers who have successfully completed at least a two-year course of study in which English was the language of instruction
• transfer students from institutions in the United States or Canada whose academic course work was favorably evaluated in relation to its demands and duration.
• nonnative speakers who have taken the TOEFL test within the past two years.
• nonnative speakers who have successfully pursued academic work at schools where English was the language of instruction in an English-speaking country for a specified period, generally two years.
Students should contact their prospective institutions directly concerning their specific admission requirements.