The TOEFL PBT is a paper based test for English foreign learners. TOEFL scores are needed if you are not a native-speaker of English and want to apply to College or University where English is required (As usual educational establishments in Northern America, Canada and Western Europe).
Paper based test is taken with a help of paper and pencil. So, first you need to have – several pencils and eraser. The test can be taken in one of centers that provide this service and are placed in the entire world.
Here is a list of documents, information and supplies that you need to bring with you on test day:
1. A valid ID with your name, signature and photograph.
2. Your admission ticket with your registration number and the codes for the institutions you select as score recipients.
3. Your signed photo-file record, with a clear, recent photo.
4. 3 or 4 sharpened No. 2 or HB pencils and an eraser. Mechanical pencils are not permitted.
Valid IDs for testing in your country of citizenship (you are required to bring one of these):
• Passport or driver's license with name, photo and signature
• State ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photo and signature
• A government-issued ID with name, photo and signature
• Military ID with name, photo and signature
Valid IDs for testing outside your country of citizenship (you are required to bring one of these):
• Passport with name, photo and signature
• U.S. Military ID card
Valid ID in Bangladesh, India and Pakistan:
• Only valid passports with name, photo and signature are accepted.
• All passports and other IDs must be in English-language letters and contain your signature.
• It’s better for you to arrive at least 30 minutes early. As if you are late, you may not get in and could lose your test fee.
Your ID may be verified at the test center by:
• thumb printing
• signature comparison
• other forms of electronic ID confirmation
If you refuse to have your ID verified, you will not be permitted to take the test and you will forfeit your test fee.