Test center Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
• There is no possibility to make schedule changes;
• Outside people (friends or relatives) are not allowed to be present during the test;
• You never know what the temperature in a room for testing will be, so be ready for any room temperature (dressing is meant);
• You can not take the test without written (not printed) and signed a confidentiality statement.
• Two your pictures are needed to place them at your assigned station and on your score report.
• Paper for your notes and scratches is provided and must be returned at the end of the session.
• If you have any technical problem during the test, raise your hand.
• Testing premises are videotaped.
• If there is any problem with ID, the case is reviewed by the ETS Office of Testing Integrity.
How to Earn a Score on the Test
• You must answer at least 1 question in each Reading and Listening section, write at least 1 essay, and complete at least 1 Speaking task to receive an official score report.
• Your personal items must be put in definite place, you’ll receive instructions.
• You are not allowed to have your personal items with you during the test. They will be collected by test center staff.
• If you do not follow directions, you cannot take the test.
• Test centers and ETS assume no responsibility for personal items or devices that you bring into the center.
If the students violate any point of this procedure they may result in cancellation of their scores, dismissal by the test center staff, or banning from future testing.
• Students can not choose the seat on their own desire. Usually the test administrator assigns seat.
Computer Keyboard Requirement
You will use a standard English-language (QWERTY) computer keyboard to take the TOEFL® iBT. Practice on this type of keyboard to prepare for the test.
• The TOEFL PBT takes about 4½ hours.
• You may pace yourself with your own watch, but the computer is the official timekeeper.
• Alarms on watches or other devices are not permitted.
• You will not be permitted to test beyond the time limit.
Taking a Break, Leaving Your Seat
• There is a mandatory 10-minute break midway through the test.
• If you take more than 10 minutes, you may be dismissed or your score may be canceled.
• Raise your hand if you need to leave your seat for any reason.
• If you must leave the room, you must show the administrator your identification document(s) before you leave and when you return.
• You cannot use your cell phone during the test or during breaks.