• When will TOEFL iBT be introduced in my country?
Rather than delivering TOEFL iBT in every location within a country, ETS is introducing the iBT test in selected cities in specific countries.
● How much longer will TOEFL CBT or PBT testing be available in my country?
The TOEFL iBT test is being introduced in selected cities in a country as test centers become available. Also, the TOEFL PBT testing is being retained to ensure that there is sufficient capacity for all who want to test.
ETS will maintain the current version of the test in locations where TOEFL iBT has not yet been introduced.
• How far in advance can I register?
When a particular city is ready to offer TOEFL iBT, and the centers are added to the TOEFL iBT test center list, you will be able to register for that particular city approximately one month in advance.
● How do I register for the test? Test takers may register:
• online (credit card or e-check required)
• by phone (credit card or e-check required) - In the United States, Canada, or U.S. Territories, call 1-443-751-4862 or 1-800-GO-TOEFL (1-800-468-6335). Outside the U.S., Canada, or U.S. Territories, call your Regional Registration Center (PDF). If you live outside the U.S. and want to test in the U.S., call 1-443-751-4862. For TTY access, call 1-800-529-3590.
• by mail - Complete the TOEFL iBT Registration Form (PDF). (The form is also in the center of the Information and Registration Bulletin (PDF). Include payment (see Fees for Tests and Services for preferred forms of payment). Mail the completed form according to the instructions on the form.
• If I'm already registered to take a paper-based or computer-based test at a test center and the center begins offering the iBT test, what happens? If you are already registered for the paper-based test, ETS will honor that registration and administer the TOEFL in that format. At this time, students who are registered for TOEFL paper-based test will not be required to take the TOEFL iBT test.