123termpapers.com - paper writing for ESL students.
|• How is the TOEFL iBT test administered? |
The test is administered on fixed dates at secure Internet-based test centers. This testing makes it possible to greatly expand the number of test centers in what is already the world's largest testing network.
Most areas where the TOEFL iBT test is offered will have 30 to 40 administrations a year, but the number will vary based on the number of test takers and test center capacity.
• What is the Internet-based test like?
The test includes four sections and takes about four hours to complete.
Section Time Limit No. of Questions
Reading 60-100 minutes 36-70
Listening 60-90 minutes 34-51
Break 10 minutes -
Speaking 20 minutes 6 tasks
Writing 50 minutes 2 tasks
• What's different about the test?
• The TOEFL iBT has a new Speaking section, which includes independent and integrated tasks.
• There is no longer a Structure section: Grammar is tested on questions and tasks in each section.
• Lectures and conversations in the Listening section are longer, but note-taking is allowed. Actually, note-taking is allowed throughout the entire test.
• The speech in the listening material sounds more natural. There are new questions that measure understanding of a speaker's attitude, degree of certainty, and purpose.
• The Reading section has new questions that ask test takers to categorize information and fill in a chart or complete a summary.
• The Writing section requires typing. Consider, there is an integrated task in addition to the current independent task, and the scoring guides (rubrics) used for rating are different from the current test.
• Can I take just a specific section of the test?
No, the entire test must be taken to receive a score.