The main documents you have to bring on test day are your valid identification and your registration number. Taking a test is not possible without them.
1. Your valid ID must have:
• the same name you used when you registered;
• Your entire first/given name and entire last/family name;
• Your clear recent photo;
• Your signature.
Do not give the expired documents or copies, as they will not be accepted.
2. How to get a personal registration number?
Before the test, log in to your TOEFL iBT account and click "View Order(s)" from your home page. Bring your printed registration confirmation to the test center.
Valid IDs for testing in your country of citizenship (you are required to bring one of these):
- Passport or driver's license with name, photo and signature
- State ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photo and signature
- A government-issued ID with name, photo and signature
- Military ID with name, photo and signature
Valid IDs for testing outside your country of citizenship (you are required to bring one of these):
- Passport with name, photo and signature
- U.S. Military ID card
Valid ID in Bangladesh, India and Pakistan:
- Only valid passports with name, photo and signature are accepted.
→ All passports and other IDs must be in English-language letters and contain your signature.
→ It’s better for you to arrive at least 30 minutes early. As if you are late, you may not get in and could lose your test fee.
To be permitted to the test you need to have your ID verified.
Your ID may be verified at the test center by:
← thumb printing;
← signature comparison;
← other forms of electronic ID confirmation.