123termpapers.com - paper writing for ESL students.
|• Is the Internet-based test more difficult?|
The TOEFL iBT Reading and Listening sections are not dramatically different from those on the current TOEFL test.
• The integrated tasks on the TOEFL iBT Speaking and Writing sections may be considered more challenging because they are new to test takers. Nevertheless, to succeed academically in English-speaking colleges and universities, students need to be able to combine their language skills in the classroom.
• The integrated tasks in the new test will help learners build the confidence needed to communicate in the academic environments they plan to enter.
• What benefits does the Internet-based test provide?
• The inclusion of Speaking, the use of integrated skills, and the emphasis on communicative competence will have great impact on how English is taught in the future.
• Students and other test takers will develop a higher level of English ability as a result, and will have confidence that they will be able to communicate and succeed.
• Admissions officials and faculty at English-speaking colleges and universities, as well as administrators of certification and licensing agencies, will have better information about their applicants' English communication abilities.